WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
On Tuesday morning, in response to a tweet from President Donald Trump, former CIA Director and current NBC News/MSNBC intelligence analyst John Brennan described what many would see as a coup attempt. Twitchy reported that Brennan said we rely on unelected officials to “protect our liberties, freedom, & democracy.”
Brennan wrote in a tweet, “As in previous times of National peril, we rely on our military, diplomats, intelligence officials, law enforcement officers, & other courageous patriots to protect our liberties, freedom, & democracy.”
Brennan then offered words of encouragement, “May they stay resolute & strong despite corrupt political headwinds they face.”
We’re not talking about a war or other national crisis. We’re talking about overturning the results of a duly conducted election. And Brennan is arguing that it’s up to unelected officials to “stay resolute” and help to overturn that election.
That’s exactly the point that conservatives have been making about this entire impeachment and scandal-du-jour process that has enveloped the Trump presidency since day one. The so-called “Deep State” is really the administrative state as envisioned by Woodrow Wilson. Unelected bureaucrats who think they know better than the American people.
Foreign policy analyst Jordan Schachtel summed it up perfectly in a tweet about the Army officer testifying before Rep. Adam Schiff’s closed-door hearing Tuesday. After describing the idiocy of calling the officer a “double agent,” Schachtel wrote, “Vindman is part of a deep state effort to remove the president’s ability to act as commander in chief. That’s my critique.”
The administrative state faces an existential threat in the Trump presidency. What the administrative staters are really trying to do is protect you from yourself and the things you may do with your vote.
Bolling’s heartfelt tribute to his son …
BlazeTV host Eric Bolling opened up about the loss of his son to an opioid overdose in a heartrending op-ed in USA Today on Monday. He describes the inconceivable emotions of getting “the call” and offers a warning to parents with children of all ages.
- Author Chris Whipple tells CNN that Trump admin. ‘really is almost a cult worthy of Jonestown‘
- Whoopi Goldberg asks, ‘So can we at least agree that the world is a better place without this guy [al-Baghdadi] in it?’ Co-host Joy Behar asks, ‘Who, Trump or Baghdadi? Which one?’
- NYT invites readers to ‘vote’ for ‘worst’ Trump cabinet member
- Dave Chappelle: ‘Political correctness has its place … I, personally, am not afraid of other people’s freedom of expression’
- Australia wants to use face recognition for porn age verification
- CNN analyst and WaPo columnist Max Boot slams Trump for saying ISIS leader ‘died as a coward,’ then tries to walk it back
- CNN cuts to the chase about its real concern after successful al-Baghdadi raid
- FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver marvels that ‘Libs can’t even permit Trump to have one good day‘ after al-Baghdadi killing
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.